Ephesians 3:1-6

Each week a new scriptural study will be posted for you to meditate on and discuss with fellow believers.
Pastor

Ephesians 3:1-6

Post by Pastor » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:03 pm

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?s ... ersion=NIV

Mystery
It intrigues us, doesn’t it? We want to consider, ponder, investigate, and discover. Scripture uses the word a number of times. Intriguing.
There is the mystery of 1 Corinthians 15:51f, regarding the transformation of our lowly bodies on the Last Day.
There is the mystery of Romans 11:25ff, regarding the past hardening of Jews and the future “softening” of many.
Additionally, there is the Mystery of the Incarnation, the Mystery of the Atonement, the Mystery of the Resurrection. All of these could be considered and pondered for a life time.
Paul refers to another mystery in the Ephesians reading. He says it remained unknown through man’s previous speculation but is now known through God’s revelation. Are you intrigued? What is this mystery?
If the Holy Spirit led Paul to wrap this truth in the irresistible intrigue of a mystery, then we shouldn’t quickly dismiss it, but rather consider, ponder, investigate and discover the blessing within.
How is this mystery a blessing to you?

OAKPROA

Re: Ephesians 3:1-6

Post by OAKPROA » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:47 pm

Not Agatha Christy or Conan Doyle type of “who dunnit”, the HS revealed the answer.
The CHURCH that Jesus Christ was the cornerstone of is the "Mystery".
We died with Christ, we are resurrected with Christ, we where slaves to sin, now we are slaves to God. Now we are new creations, able to do the works that Christ has directed us to do. This three step process was revealed to us via the Holy Spirit and given to the messenger, our brother in Christ, the great lion of God=Paul.
What a blessing indeed, unknown in the old testament and revealed in the new testament, we are truly the children of God, full of Grace and truth. Thank you Jesus!

Harry

J.Matson

Post by J.Matson » Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:19 am

When I was a child, I probably asked a lot of questions - "Why is the sky blue?" "Why do I have to go to school?" "Why does a caterpillar have so many legs?" As a Christian adult, I have many questions to ask of God - I hope I don't forget them when I get to heaven! I thank God that how the human reproduction system works was kept a mystery to me until I could handle the facts of life. Some things are best not known until we are of such a state that we can handle the answer. Someday, perhaps in eternity, we will understand the immaculate conception. Someday, we will know the mystery of what Jesus did between the crucifixion and the resurrection. But not now. I trust God to know the right time for me to find out. It is enough of a blessing to me to know that I am saved by his blood. I can't explain it; I can't explain what really happens in baptism; I can't explain the miracle of holy communion. But, I accept it by faith - I need nor demand any further explanation.

Jeff

OAKPROA

Post by OAKPROA » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:46 am

Thank You so very much, Jeff...that was a wonderful Christian answer. I so value you as a Christian brother full of Grace and Truth. Harry