Pentecost 2017

Each week a new scriptural study will be posted for you to meditate on and discuss with fellow believers.
Pastor

Pentecost 2017

Post by Pastor » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:32 pm

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?s ... ersion=NIV

The disciples gathered in Jerusalem for the Jewish Feast of Weeks, later known as Pentecost among Christians. This was a festival directed at thanking God for an abundant harvest.

Jesus referred to a "harvest" many times with His disciples (Mt 9:37; Jn 4:35). How did the disciples experience a type of harvest on Pentecost?

Who is the Lord of the harvest, the sower, the reaper, the crop? Which of these are you-are you called to participate in different ways at different times?

Are the fields ripe around you, and if so, where and to whom has the Lord called you to labor?

awkratzke

Re: Pentecost 2017

Post by awkratzke » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:47 pm

Yes, indeed, there are crops to be harvested and they are all around us. They are
our neighbors, co-workers, airplane seat mates, etc. One of the largest mission
fields in the world is now the United States. One unusual encounter that Ruth and
I had over twenty years ago was at an Elderhostel we attended at Rainy River
Community College on the Canadian border in International Falls, Minnesota. The
topic was Obijwe (native American) culture. The lecturer was from the Canadian
Obijwe settlement . He said that in the Obijwe religion one gains insight through
dreams and visions. I immediately thought of the words from Joel and repeated by
Peter in the Pentecost account, And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour
out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions.
After the lecture I approached the course leader and asked him if he knew about the parallel between the Bible and Objiwe lore. He did not but was interested and we had an lively and, I hope, productive discussion for about twenty minutes. I encouraged him to get a Bible and read the book of Romans for a starter. I never got to follow up on our encounter but I think of the incident every year at Pentecost.
Bill K.

robert44

Re: Pentecost 2017

Post by robert44 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:53 am

. I am a big fan of your site. I agree that reader should want to know what will happen in the book. The job of the writer is to feed reader's interest. Keep it up. This is nice post and provides full information. I prefer to browse this post as a result of I met such a lot of new facts concerning it really. Thanks loads. I bookmark your share as a result of I found superb info on your post, Thanks for sharing.